In 1989, during a dive off the Maldives, Sigrid Lüber had a life-changing encounter with a group of dolphins. This awe-inspiring moment created the catalyst for OceanCare. Supported by thousands of donors, volunteers and like-minded partners, the organisation works at national and international level in the areas of marine protection and animal welfare. In 2011 OceanCare has been granted special consultative status by the United Nations. Today, OceanCare is not only looking back to 30 years of continuous efforts to improve life in the oceans, but also to future challenges.
- Lack of national political will is driving European seas to the brink26/06/2020
- June 8th: World Oceans Day – Increasing sustainability in shipping traffic with more innovation and less speed03/06/2020
- Scientists call for immediate EU action to protect dolphins and porpoises following NGO request26/05/2020
- Hunting against better knowledge15/04/2020
- Better protection status for mammal-eating Orcas in Russian waters31/03/2020